Saturday, April 30, 2011

Word Wall



I am really bad at blogging. I am visual not verbal and since I am already posting on Facebook and Flickr it seems really redundant to post here unless I have something to say. I have not posted anything since February even though I have been producing so I thought I would talk about this last mural that I did.


It was done for little boy who isn't quite two and just moved into his big boy room. His mother wanted me to create a wall with words that would inspire him to be a good person. She has decided to not have a "theme" for his room like airplanes or sports but wants to make his room all about learning and I think that so far it is very fresh and modern.


I created the layout in illustrator and then projected it on the wall using an opaque projector. It sounds a little like cheating, except my projector is very finicky and painting in the dark will give you a crazy headache. Once the layout was on the wall, I turned the lights back on and went back over all of the words to make them look a little prettier. I wouldn't say that words are my most favorite thing to paint, but I think that they turned out really well.

2 comments:

JO said...

The words are a lot crisper in real life than in this picture. For some reason on blogspot they come across kind of warped.

Elizabeth Grimes said...

What a great idea for a child's room, and the words look great! Nice job.