Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ten Year Plan


On the eve of my thirtieth birthday, I've decided to make myself a plan for the next decade. Everyone knows that I want to be a children's book illustrator, but after going to California, I know that I have a lot further to go. Recently, I've realized that I need a better day job, so I've started studying for the GRE. That's the first step. I have to re-learn algebra. If that goes well, I want to apply to UNT. They have a Master's program in Art Education. The program also certifies you to teach art. If I get a job as an art teacher I will have the same schedule as Wilder, which is also a plus. Of course I can still work on my portfolio and do murals during this time and hopefully find an agent. I know that plans are dumb and nothing goes the way you think they are going to, but it makes me feel better to have a plan.

2 comments:

gk said...

that sounds awesome joanna. Hope your GRE studying goes well.

Kellye said...

I'm just now seeing this and we talked about it recently...plans aren't dumb! Haha... You need a destination in order to know which direction to turn. You will be amazing at any career you choose. :)